At BVI, we believe that being an informed patient is key to your health and wellness. So, we’re sharing some questions that we think will make getting a port placement just a little easier.
- Why are you recommending a catheter or port?
- What are the risks of a catheter or port?
- Are there any tests that need to be done prior to placing the port?
- Will my health insurance cover the costs associated with inserting a catheter or port?
- What do I need to do before the catheter or port is inserted?
- Will I feel any pain when the catheter or port is inserted?
- How long does the procedure take?
- How long will the catheter or port be left in?
- How should I care for my catheter or port?
- Will I be able to see or feel a catheter or port under my skin?
- Can I wear regular clothes with a catheter or port?
- Can I bathe and swim with a catheter or port?
- Can I exercise with a catheter or port?
- Will a catheter or port interfere with radiation therapy or scans?
- Whom should I contact if I have problems with my catheter or port?
VCU Baird is located just off Interstate 195 in the near West End at 205 N. Hamilton Street. This stand-alone facility brings the expertise of VCU Medical Center to a convenient neighborhood setting complete with easy parking. For more information, please call (804) 828-2600 or email email@example.com.